The following are the terms and conditions for use of the Spressit internet postal service (“the Service”) by any customer (“the User”). These terms and conditions are binding and enforceable against all that access the Spressit website in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act 25 of 2002. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you must leave the Spressit website now, as further use will automatically bind you to these terms and conditions.
A copy of the ECT may be downloaded from:http://www.polity.org.za/pdf/electroniccommunications.pdf
“Spressit web-site” means the Spressit site located at Spressit.co.za, Spressit.com and Spressit.mobi and future spressit websites and includes any part or element thereof. “Spressit”” means Spressit Logistics (CC Reg no. CK 2010/129324/23)
Detailed description of goods and/or services
Spressit an e-commerce business that allows users to send postcards, marketing products and gifts and make donations to charities via an internet based postal system. The service consists of a browser interface, card selection and postal item feature, e-mail facility, data encryption, data transmission, data access and data storage.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 2 days and delivery confirmed by way of an email. The offering on this website is available globally but all postage is currently sent from South Africa.
Returns, Refunds and Cancellation policy
The provision of goods and services by SPRESSIT LOGISTICS is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability of a card or gift that has been processed, Spressit will refund the client in full within 30 days. The User is free to terminate or cancel this Agreement at any time, and for any reason. The User can request a refund to the value of any card unit credits that may be left over in the User's account provided these amount to greater than R200 and in this instance, a 10% charge will be levied on all refunds. No refunds will be made for any fees which are not related to Spressit card credits. No refunds of credits less than R200 will be considered and The User will be obliged to use such credit.
Spressit take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
To open an account for usage of the Service, the User must complete the registration process by providing Spressit with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the Membership/registration Form. Inaccurate details will result in the order not being processed. The User will also choose a password.
The User is entirely responsible for maintaining confidentiality with regard to its password and account information. Furthermore, the User is entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under its account. Spressit will not be held liable to any third party claims and/or actions taken with respect to services offered and the User expressly indemnifies and holds Spressit harmless in this regard.
The User agrees to notify Spressit immediately of any unauthorized use of its account or any other breach of security.
Spressit may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users:
- name and surname;
- contact numbers;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- e-mail address and postal address
- birthdays and other special days and preferences for gifts, charities and free samples
Spressit collects, stores and uses the above mentioned information for the following purposes:
- communicate requested information to the User;
- compile non-personal statistical information about general browsing habits, click-patterns and usage of the Spressit website for use by marketing companies.
- allow the user to connect to other users once they have mutually agreed to connect through an invitation
- address a post card to be sent through the postal system
Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie-use independently through their browser settings.
Spressit may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- Spressit shall not disclose personal information about Users unless the User consents thereto;
- Spressit shall disclose information without the User's consent only through due legal process; and
- Spressit may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
Spressit owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Spressit.
THE USER HEREBY GRANTS SPRESSIT THE RIGHT TO SEND THE USER COMMUNICATION VIA E-MAIL OF ANY UPDATES, UPGRADES, NOTICES, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT SPRESSIT DEEMS IMPORTANT FOR THE USER TO KNOW, RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
Payment may be made by bank transfer into the SPRESSIT LOGISTICS bank account. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR). Payment is due and payable at the time or before Spressit delivers a post card to the User's recipients. Payment shall be deemed to have been made as soon as the amount due is available in the Spressit bank account. For account details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and request.
Spressit takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods to the Post Office.
Although Spressit and its partners pride themselves on speedy delivery of cards, these may be delivered late due to the limitations of the postal systems around the world. Cards shall be deemed to have been delivered when Spressit has posted the card at an appropriate post office, accordingly risk passes to the User on Spressit handing over the item for delivery to the Postal Services. Spressit does not guarantee delivery on behalf of postal services but will keep records of all cards posted.
Spressit makes no guarantees as to the continuous availability of the Service or any specific feature(s) of the Service. Spressit reserves the right to change or terminate the Service and/ or alter the terms and conditions of this Agreement. All fees paid to Spressit when such termination occurs are addressed in the sections above.
Site Security Policy
Spressit shall take all reasonable steps to secure the content of the Spressit website and the information provided by and collected from Users from unauthorised access and/or disclosure. However, Spressit does not make any warranties or representations that content shall be 100% safe and secure. Users may not develop, distribute or use any device to breach or overcome the security measures of the Service and Spressit reserves the right to claim damages from any. Users concerned with a security failure or breach; and any User who commits any of the offences detailed in sections 85 to 88 of the ECT Act shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liability, loss or damages suffered and/or incurred by Spressit and its partners/affiliates.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and SPRESSIT LOGISTICS chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature: PO Box 756, Howard Place, 7450, Western Cape, South Africa
Spressit may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice. Any use by the User of the Service after any such change has been posted, shall constitute the acceptance of any such changes. If the User does not agree with any such changes, the Service may be cancelled in accordance with the procedures for cancellation set forth in this Agreement. The User acknowledges its responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes.
Acceptable use policy
Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, is expressly prohibited. The User agrees to abide by all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations and is solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under its account or password, including the content of any transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the User agrees not to:
- Use the Service in connection with fraudulent activity;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including postal addresses, without Users consent;
- Create a false identity, mobile phone number, address, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of the card;
- Transmit through the Service, associate with the Service or publishing with the Service unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind whatsoever;
- Transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights of Spressit or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright or right to privacy;
- Defame any person, or infringe upon any person's privacy rights;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means;
- Interfere with another User's use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services; or
- Engage in any other activity that Spressit believes could subject it to criminal liability or civil penalty or judgment.
This website is run by Spressit Logistics cc based in South Africa trading as Spressit and with registration number 2010/129324/23 and Member David Hallett.